Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Moms Tortilla Soup

Here in Texas it can be 95 one day and 50 the next. I spent the BEAUTIFUL weekend working on my garden (with a ton of Justin's help) in the 85 degree weather...now it's 50 and misting outside. With that said, I figured I should get my last bowl of soup in before summer hits. I made one of my favorites that I grew up with. My mom made this often. We always serve this over chips and top with cheese.


Moms Tortilla Soup

8 oz. cream cheese, 1 can Ro-tel, 1 can chicken broth, 1 1/2 cups milk, 2 tsp. lemon juice, 2 tsp. garlic salt, 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper, 2 tsp. cumin (I always use more!), 1 can drained corn, 1 can drained kidney beans, 2 lbs cooked/shredded chicken breasts, chips, shredded cheese.

Cook chicken however you like. Cube or shred once cooked. Meanwhile, in another large pot combined cream cheese, ro-tel, and chicken broth. Cook until smooth (HINT: I use a whisk at this point. It helps with breaking down the cream cheese). Add milk, lemon juice, garlic salt, cayenne pepper, and cumin; heat through. Add corn, beans, and cut up chicken and continue to heat. Serve in bowls over chips, topped with cheese! ENJOY!


A few weeks back Ty and I got together with my sister and mom over Spring Break. We took tons of pics before going out for lunch. We had good food, good fun, and good company. I love this pic of Ty. This is usually the look we get before he is going to do something he probably should not do!

No comments:

Post a Comment